Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Saddened in Virginia

This morning, my families' eyes are peeled to the Today Show watching the horrific aftermath of the massacre at Virginia Tech.

My husband hails from Blacksburg and we have many close friends who live there.

This tragedy has hit home in so many ways. This morning, my oldest daughter (11) was talking about the trailers that they have some classes in at school. "At least we have 2 different doors to go in and out...unless they would have both of the doors surrounded." She's scared. She should be. What kind of a world do we live in that this sort of thing happens? What do you say to your kids? I'm scared too. I know that right now I can only do my best to make them feel safe and secure and let them know that the real world sucks sometimes, but my arms are here to hold them for as long as they can.

Last thought today: Our families' thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims and survivors of this horrible tragedy. We hope that some peace can be found.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Well said...