Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Hot Dog Train - Creative Alternative for Your Toddler


"Mommy, could I have something to eat?" (my 3-yr-old daughter)


"Sure, what would you like?"


"A hot dog train."


I pause a moment..."A hot dog train?"


"Yes, a hot dog train."


I pause for another moment and a light bulb went off in my head! "You want a hot dog train? OK, I'll give you a hot dog train."


My "little" as I call her went to grab her stool so she could get a good view of my culinary skills.


I got a hot dog out of the refrigerator and cooked it in the microwave (about 30 sec), then I sliced it lengthwise 3 times and cut those pieces into 3 chunky pieces.


Next, I cut small blocks of cheddar cheese to put in between my hot dog "cars."


My "little's" face begins to brighten.


Last come the wheels and the whistle on top...CARROTS! Cut some baby carrots into little "wheels" and place 2 each underneath the cars, then cut another in half and place on the front car to make the whistle.


VOILA - you have yourself a hot dog train.


My daughter thinks I'm a genious!


Let's let her think that at least for a little while :)

2 comments:

PetiteMommy said...

That is sooo cute! :)I'll have to make those for the boys. They like octopus made out of hot dogs!

ThriftyMommy said...

Wonderful idea! I'll include it in this week's fun-filled Friday.