Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!

It's Thanksgiving morning. Yes, I'm sitting at my computer doing a little bit of WORK before everybody wakes up. We've got a great day planned! We will begin by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (tradition) and then will begin the preparations for the feast (actually, we mixed up and partially prepared everything we could last night so we could enjoy ourselves today). The older kids will be back from their dad's around 1pm. Our big dinner is planned for about 4pm. We'll have our family plus the family down the street for the wonderful dinner. It's going to be a GOOD DAY! Traditions are funny, they remain the same, yet year to year you take them and maybe "tweak" them a little bit to make them your own.

I have been thinking about what I'm thankful for this year - I've got a list :) Here they are in no particular order:

  • my husband who supports me in anything and everything I do
  • my children who sometimes drive me nuts...I wouldn't be complete without them
  • my mother-in-law - she is a great friend
  • my mom and dad - I'm so thankful that they are still healthy enough to do the things that they want to do and BRAVE enough to host our crazy family for the Christmas holiday
  • my brother and his wife
  • my other brother and his girlfriend
  • my nieces and nephew
  • the servicemen fighting for our freedom
  • my health
  • my neighbors who are also great friends!
  • my friends who aren't my neighbors, but are great friends!

Take a few minutes to reflect today and express you thanks and gratitude to the people you love and God.

No comments: