Friday, May 04, 2007

Cinco de Mayo - I Stand Corrected

I get a lot of reader email and comments on a weekly basis.

I received one today after I sent out an email "blast" to my newsletter list regarding a couple of new Freebies we have available for Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day. Here it is in it's entirety:

Dear Tracy,thought I'd let you know that Cinco de Mayo IS NOT Mexican Independence Day. I am some what bothered that a web site that provides so much info wouldn't research first their info. F.Y.I. Mexican Independence Day is the 16th of Sept.

In my email, I had indicated that Cinco de Mayo was, in fact, Mexican Independence Day. I stand corrected (thanks to Margaret Puente). She's correct, Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexican Independence Day, but - according to Wikipedia "is a national, but not federal, holiday in Mexico which is also widely celebrated in the United States. It commemorates the victory of Mexican forces led by General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguin over the French occupational forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862."

I like to keep my readers informed with CORRECT information and I appreciate when a mistake is brought to my attention. My sincere apologies if my error offended any of my readers.

Thank you, Margaret, for keeping me on my toes - I promise to be more diligent in my research and presentation :)

Since this has come about, I decided to begin a new policy. I'm calling it the "Take Your Foot Out of Your Mouth Tracy" award. I'm going to reward anyone who will bring to my attention an error in facts or research that has been published on this blog or the Mom's Niche website.

Margaret will receive one of our Mom's Niche prize packs filled with all kinds of goodies.

Thanks again Margaret for bringing this to my attention and congratulations for being our first award recipient!

No comments: