Wednesday, October 18, 2006

39...and Counting



I turned 39 two weeks ago today. Not a big deal really. I'm definitely not feeling 39. Sometimes I feel like a kid!

I've been reflecting on my last 39 years and reveling in the fact that this is, in fact, my 40th year of life! I know that probably makes my parents feel old, but it just makes me feel happy. I've accomplished a lot so far: bachelor's degree, master's degree, three kids, great marriage, lovely home, some great learning experiences with my professional career - I'm so lucky! I really don't want for anything in my life...or do I?

There's always something unfinished...something that you still want to do with your life before you die. Here's a list of mine:


  • learn to play the fiddle
  • travel to Greece
  • learn to ballroom dance
  • learn...really LEARN about different wines
  • break 100 on the golf course (no mulligans)
  • get in the car and travel across the country without an agenda or hotel reservations (better take a map, though...just in case!)
  • travel to the South of France
  • read War and Peace

There are a lot of things I didn't list (only because they didn't jump out at me right this second). I realize that many of these things can't or won't happen until the kids are grown and my husband and I are looking at our retirement years. That's okay. Looking at that list makes me feel younger. It makes me feel like I still have a bunch to do before it's all over.

I'll just take one day at a time and one thing on the list at a time... for now I'm working on the golf one - once I break 100, then I can change that to "break 90 on the golf course (no mulligans)."

No comments: