Monday, October 16, 2006

Back to the "Old Grind"

My husband and I just came off of a wonderful weekend...sans kids! That doesn't happen very often - at least in this household.

We actually left Friday to a RESORT to play GOLF with two other ADULT couples. We stayed in a great house. The weather was fantastic! The golfing left a bit to be desired, but who cares when you're having so much fun? All of us were sad to leave the house of fun and get back to reality...back to the "old grind." We had a 2-1/2 hour drive back still reliving the wonderful memories of the weekend and vowing to make it an annual event.

It was actually good to have that drive back to sort of get my bearings and start preparing for the drudgery that lay ahead - the cooking, the laundry, the picking up after the kids, the fighting...

You may ask yourself..."what happened when you walked through that door?...dishes piled in the sink?...dirty clothes piled up?...toys lying all over the place?" I'm glad you asked :) What happened was my 2-1/2 year old angel came running at me with arms stretch wide and yelled "Mommy's home!"

Grind? What grind? I am the luckiest woman I know!

No comments: