Monday, October 23, 2006

My Special "Pick Me Up"


Coffee...the nectar of the Gods. Well, most days it feels like that - I can't wait to get that first cup of coffee and the first jolt of energy that comes from it.


There are those days, however, when I don't even feel like even MAKING coffee. It's on those particular days that I fill the pot with water, put in the filter, measure out 6 heaping teaspoons of those little brown granules and Grab My Favorite Mug! This is no ordinary mug. This is a special mug!


About 7 or 8 years ago, I got my hands on this mug from work. We do imprinted promotional items and had an overrun of mugs sitting in the office. I thought the artwork on it was particularly cool, so I grabbed one and took it home. Little did I know that this mug with the "cool artwork" would bring me so much joy.


There is an artist in our town who specializes in murals. He goes by Happy the Artist. He has been painting for over 50 years and his work can be seen all over the country. This mug that I love so much has Happy's artwork on it. Whenever I wake up in a questionable mood or am feeling especially tired, I make sure to grab the "Happy the Artist" mug, pour that cup of coffee and find my mood suddenly transforming.


It's funny how one little thing can make such a difference in your day, but it does! I swear by it!


Tell me what your special "thing" is that picks up your mood. It could be an inanimate object (like me), a phrase, a perfume, a bath...anything at all.

No comments: