Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Halloween Costume Dilemma

Aaahhh...Halloween. I love this time of year - mainly because I love the cooler weather, the falling leaves, and switching over to my fall/winter wardrobe!


The eternal question around our house this time of year is "what are you going to be for Halloween?" Our tradition every Halloween is to dress up as a family (mom and dad too) and trick-or-treat around the neighborhood. I keep all of the old costumes upstairs in a trunk that we recycle in some form or fashion every year.


My 2 year old is forever changing her mind on what she wants to be. First it's a dragon, then a "treasure chest," then a butterfly and on and on until I get blue in the face. Her decision was made last night - Tigger!!! We found a great costume on sale (60% off) and couldn't resist. We got home and she immediately tried it on and bounced around the house :)


Now for the other two...what will they be? Same goes for me...I'm getting tired of the same clown, spider witch and pirate wench costumes. I think we're going to make them - yes, make them. Me...who doesn't sew. I ran across this great book of NO-SEW homemade costumes. You can find it here: ILoveHalloweenCostumes.com. There are so many great ideas - from a soda can to a tube of toothpaste to a kitten and a ball of yarn! I think I might choose those last two for me and the hubby :)


Same dilemma at your house? Let me know what creative ideas you've come up with for this year's trick-or-treat fest.

No comments: