Monday, January 08, 2007

The Apprentice - L.A.

Those of you who know me know that I am a diehard Apprentice fan.

I got hooked on the first season when I was pregnant with little Livvie. I had to go to the hospital on a Thursday late afternoon with contractions. They admitted me and hooked me up to all of the wires and monitors,etc... We sat there through Oprah and the evening news. Entertainment Tonight came on and I knew this baby wasn't coming - this was my third...I knew. I started getting antsy because The Apprentice would be coming on soon...I began to ask the nurses when I could go home - this baby wasn't coming, but the show that I was glued to every Thursday was! Finally, they released me and all was well in the world - I made it home with about 15 minutes to spare :) Livvie arrived that Sunday - great timing little girl!

So, fast forward 3 years. I'm still a diehard fan - I don't miss a season. There have been some seasons that didn't have the best of candidates, in my opinion. Like the "Book Smarts vs. Street Smarts" season...not great. I even watched the Martha Stewart version - I usually like her, didn't like that season. She was trying too much to follow "The Donald's" cue...she should've just remained herself. I do like Donald Trump, though. He is one, big pompous ass, but he is also a great business man and a master in drumming up PR.

Last night was the premier of The Apprentice-L.A. I appreciate how they're trying to mix things up a bit by moving to Los Angeles and provide some new twists - can't imagine having to live in that tent after losing a task. I wasn't excited about the candidates - usually I can pick out a couple who will be standouts throughout the season. As always, I'll watch next week and see if it holds my interest. I'll more than likely watch the entire season because I'm HOOKED. I love watching the assigned tasks and seeing how these people (strangers) interact with each other. I'll go out on a limb right now and predict a winner...Heidi seems to be a clear standout - great leader, very smart and they're due for a woman to win.

Thoughts? Predictions?

No comments: